Friday, November 16, 2012

How have I grown?

This semester has been a whirlwind and has really flown.  I have grown as a person more than I ever imagined that I would, and have so many wonderful people to thank for that.  The following is a collection of words and phrases that describes just how I have grown, and what I have gained from not only my teachers and classmates, but the people here in Solheimar who have taught me so much. So, just what have I learned? How have I grown?

Icelandic- but not quite enough. The power of wind. Fears. Courage. Invitation. Egil’s Saga. Places we call home. The chill of the air and the warmth of geothermal power. Deforestation. Reforestation. Connection.
Colors. Energy. Destruction.

Undersea cable.
Impression. Inspiration. Beauty. Live in the present. Nature. Fresh air. The grandeur of a summit. Secrets of simplicity. Ecological footprint. Northern lights. Magic.

Religion. Spirituality. Vastness. Barrier. Every little thing’s gonna be alright.
Critical thinking. Community. Comfort. Transformation. Worries. Values. Generosity. Sustainability. Sadness and hurt. Hope.

Hydropower. Turf houses. Pancakes and waffles- as a snack. Sunrises. Sunsets. Darkness.
Sheep. Horses. Walks. Sympathy. Disappointment. Mountains. Country.

Ignorance.
Morning song. History. Sesselja. More Icelandic weather phrases than I thought I could learn. Cradle to cradle. Be good, not just less bad. Biomimicry. Nature as a model. Nature as a measure. Nature as a mentor.

Workshops. Joy. Communication- even in the smallest ways.
Volcanoes. Waterfalls. Environmental amnesia. Education. New knowledge. Hugs. Smiles. Passion. Kindness.

Recycling. Change. Relationship and responsibility.
The power of a party. The power of music. The power of kale.

Gratitude circle. Ecovillage. Live with the rhythm of the stars. The awe of a clear night and the gloom of a cloudy day.
Knitting. Togetherness. European backpacking. Moss. Rivers. Reality.

Giving. Receiving. Calling. Wonder.
Love.

-Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment