Friday, November 16, 2012

Untitled


All alone on this sad little rock
Fighting the war that’s always been fought
Shivering cold, frost and darkness out there
Fill my head and heart with despair.
People seem cruel, twisted looks on their faces.
Greed sneaks into the tinniest spaces.
Uncertainty reigns, confusion cultivated
Ensuring that individuals can be manipulated.
And I want to scream, but I’m still alone.
Trying to shove titan kings from their thrones.


When hope is gone and all seems lost
Warmth from another’s hand melts the frost.
Grasping me tight to pull me back from the brink
Back into hazy light, my human link


There is no escape from power and corruption
No matter where I go, I will find and cause destruction
Perfection is a fantasy; we’ll never fix it all.
Sometimes I’m empowered, while other times I stall.
But just like choirs with staggered breaths
We all take turns feeling depressed.
Sometimes it’s your turn, sometimes it’s mine
But as one body still higher we climb
Fighting the war that’s always been fought.
Seeking justice and balance where it ought to be sought
 

How beautiful to be part of this community
To lean on each other when trampled by insecurity
To remember that though sometimes we feel alone
That the world just sucks and all our endeavors are blown,
A warm hand toward us will always reach out
Leading us back into light, giving hope, blinding doubt.
 
 
*Inspired by the passion and tears of my classmates
 
-Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment